Last week-end to visit Tara: on December 12 and 13, from 10am to 6pm, without registration. The Pavilion Tara, Ocean & Climate will still be open to the public until December 18.
Free entrance to the activities.
Tara at Paris Climate 2015
The scientific research schooner Tara will be in Paris during the upcoming UN Climate Conference (COP21) to support an ambitious agreement essential to the struggle against climate change.
As Ambassador of the Ocean, Tara will continue to give more visibility to issues linking the ocean and climate. After launching the Ocean’s Call for Climate (#OceanForClimate), our goal at present is to convince heads of state gathered at the negotiations that the Ocean must be taken into account during the climate discussions.
Tara will be docked in the heart of Paris at the Pont Alexandre III near the Grand Palais – November 12 to December 18 – and will host a series of events concerning the Ocean.
EXHIBITION – CONFERENCES – SCREENINGS
Discover Tara’s “Ocean and Climate” Pavillon, a 600-square-meter space where the essential role of the Ocean in climate regulation will be presented to the public through exhibitions, scientific conferences and films. On weekends the public will be invited to come aboard for a tour of the boat.
- Tara’s new exhibition “The Ocean in the 21st century”
The exhibition invites the public to discover the important role of the ocean in the climate system and in life on our planet, and to understand the ocean’s evolution in the context of climate change. The visit continues with the discovery of plankton and marine fauna of the Brittany coast presented in 2 unique aquariums from Oceanopolis (Brest aquarium) that show the beauty and fragility of this world, so essential to preserve.
- Special activities for young people
The Tara Pavillon “Ocean & Climate” will offer the young public educational workshops, a guided tour of the schooner, a visit of the Ocean & Climate exhibition, as well as a discovery session of marine fauna of the Brittany coast through the Oceanopolis aquariums.
- Movies and projections
The Tara Pavillon will propose a series of films about the ocean, the climate and Tara Expeditions for the general public and experts alike.
- Program of the conferences:
- November 30th, 9:00-13:00: “Climate Change in the Arctic: from environmental impacts to economic challenges” (by registration)
- November 30th, 14:00-17:00: “Tara Oceans: a fresh look at the ocean through the study of the planktonic world” (by registration)
- December 1st, 9:00-16:00: “The great challenges of scientific knowledge about the marine world in the context of climate change” (by registration)
- December 2nd,10:00-18:00: “Pacific Ocean: the impacts of climate change on island States and the role of marine biodiversity in adaptation strategies for these communities” (by invitation only)
Come aboard the schooner
Tara’s deck will be open to the public every weekend in the presence of the crew, 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-18:00, from November 13 to December 18 (by registration)
Dates: November 12 to December 18, 2015
Site: Port des Champs Elysées,Pont Alexandre III (right bank) near the Grand Palais
Metro: Champs Elysées Clémenceau – Invalides