June 24th, 2014
THE TARA BASE, 11 BOULEVARD BOURDON, IN THE 4TH DISTRICT OF PARIS
Tara Base on the Port de l’Arsenal (near Bastille) is the new headquarters of Tara Expeditions. Besides organizing the schooner’s missions, we are engaged in actions to preserve the ocean: exhibitions, lectures, screenings and educational events take place at the Tara Base.
It was inaugurated on June 24, 2014 by Anne Hidalgo, Mayor of Paris, alongside Etienne Bourgois, Agnès b, Christophe Girard, Mayor of the 4th district and his assistants, Marie-Christine Lemardeley and Celia Blauel.
“The past 10 years of Tara’s actions and commitment must be pursued”
For Etienne Bourgois, Tara’s new center signifies an adventure that is just beginning. The offices of the Tara team headed by Romain Troublé are located here. As the center in Paris for Tara’s campaign to preserve the world’s oceans, the new space also welcomes exhibitions, conferences, meetings with partners and other NGOs, as well as school visits.
Tara Base hosted its first exhibition, June 2 – 26 : The Secret World of Plankton. Through the creativity of art students and their visual interpretations, the public discovered Tara’s current mission – researching plastic pollution and plankton in the Mediterranean Sea.
TARA BASE, 11 BOULEVARD BOURDON, 75004 PARIS
A SPECIAL PLACE FOR ORGANIZING EVENTS IN THE HEART OF PARIS
A versatile, ground floor, fully customizable space, the TARA BASE can be adapted according to your inspiration and needs.
BY ORGANIZING AN EVENT AT THE TARA BASE, YOU
- Educate your guests, suppliers and partners to the environment.
- Help support sustainable development initiatives within your company.
- Participate in the funding of Tara’s missions, and demonstrate your social and environmental responsibility.
THE TARA BASE CAN BE AN INSPIRATION FOR ALL TYPES OF EVENTS:
- A cocktail party for customers or collaborators, a product launch, a presentation of collections, a photo shoot
- Meetings with the media, exhibitions, seminars
THE SPACE IS FULLY ADAPTABLE FOR PERSONAL NEEDS
A TOTAL OF 330 m² ON 2 FLOORS
- An open space of 250m² under a sky-light can welcome up to 200 people standing up.
- A basement of 80m², ideal for small meetings
- A gallery space 25m long, equipped with display rails and adaptable lighting
Thanks to our experience and expertise, we can assist you in minimizing the environmental impact of your event.
Contact us for more information