From July 5 to 8
Tara’s stopover in Cala Gonone lasts from Saturday, July 5th until Wednesday, July 9th. On this occasion, various activities are to be expected, such as press meetings, exhibitions, conferences and even public visits aboard the schooner.
Saturday, July 5th:
- Around 12:00am, Tara arrives in Cala Gonone.
- At 3:00pm, a press meeting is organised followed up by a visit aboard the schooner for journalists only.
- Location of the press meeting: Cinema teatro.
- Location of the visit aboard Tara: at the anchorage in front of Cala Gonone.
Sunday, July 6th:
- At 9:30am, a symposium dedicated to Tara and the Mediterranean will start with a public conference entitled The Plankton and Tara, which will unfold in two stages – free, no previous registration required. - Location: Cinema teatro.
Doctor Johan Decelle, researcher at the Station Biologique de Roscoff (France), will first focus on The Plankton, before turning it over to doctor Daniele Ludicone, researcher at the Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn in Naples (Italy), who will then introduce the Tara Oceans expedition.
- From 11:00am to 1:00pm, a second public conference entitled The Mediterranean: a Sea at risk will be held -free, no previous registration required. On this occasion, three specialists will share the stage to analyse the ecological threats faced by the Mediterranean. – Location: Cinema teatro.
Doctor Giuseppe Bianco will present the activities led by the Regional Environmental Protection Agency in Sardinia (ARPAS) to monitor and study the climate in Sardinia. Doctor Daniele Ludicone, will talk about the Ecosystems in the Mediterranean in a context of climatic change. Doctor Andrea Rotta (University of Sassari), will give an insight into the situation specific to cetaceans in the North of Sardinia through the investigation of their dynamics and health condition.
- At 6:00pm, underwater photographer Egidio Trainito will present his work entitled The biodiversity necklace (Collana della biodiversità).
- Location: Cinema teatro.
- At 7:00pm, the Aquarium will host the opening of the exhibition entitled The plankton and the metamorphoses (Il plancton e le « metamorfosi ») by Antonio Secci, which will later on leave way to a guided visit.
- Location: Acquario di Cala Gonone, Via La Favorita, 08022 Cala Gonone.
Monday, July 7th:
- From 6:30pm, a visit aboard Tara will welcome the local authorities and other guests.
- Location: Port de Cala Gonone, 1 Piazza del Porto, 08022 Dorgali Nuoro.
Tuesday, July 8th:
- At 9:00pm, the screening of a film about Tara will take place, followed by the presentation of the plankton collected in the Bay of Cala Gonone.
- Location: Cinema Teatro.
Wednesday, July 9th:
- At 9:00am, Tara weighs anchor to its next stopover in Vlore (Albania).
SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZING COMITTEE IN CALA GONONE
Doctor Johan Decelle, doctor Colomban de Vargas, doctor Ernest E. Di lorio, doctor Flavio Gagliardi.
ARTISTS ON BOARD DURING TARA’S STOPOVER IN CALA GONONE
Lorraine Féline, Spencer Lowell, Carly Steinbrunn.
PARTNERS OF THE TARA MÉDITERRANÉE EXPEDITION
agnès b., Fondation Prince Albert II de Monaco, Fondation Veolia, IDEC, Serge Ferrari, UNESCO/COI, MedPAN, Surfrider Foundation Europe, Lorient Agglomération, Ministère de l’écologie du développement durable et de l’énergie, CNRS, AFP, Le Monde, RFI, France 24, MCD.
TARA MÉDITERRANÉE’S SCIENTIFIC PARTNERS
Observatoire d’océanographie de Villefranche-sur-mer, CNRS, Université du Michigan, University of Maine, Ecole Normale Supérieure, NASA, Université Libre de Berlin, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, IFREMER, Observatoire Océanologique de Banuyls, Université Bretagne Sud, Université Toulon Sud, Université Aix Marseille, Université de Corse.
LOCAL AND REGIONAL ASSOCIATIONS CURRENTLY INVOLVED
Expedition MED, Fondation Mohammed VI pour l’Environnement, Acquario di Cala Gonone, Réseau-Euro-Méditerranéen, Institut Océanographique Paul Ricard, Fondation Annah Lindt, EcoOcéan Institut.
UNDER THE HIGH PATRONAGE OF JANEZ POTOČNIK, European Commissioner for the Environment.
Follow the expedition Tara Méditerranée www.taraexpeditions.org.
Éloïse Fontaine – Directrice de la communication / Tara Expéditions
Tél : + 33 (0)1 42 01 38 57